Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Like I'm the Bachelorette or Something....

Alright, it's back to singletown. Four months after my break up with Greg, and here I am. I said for many months, even years now, that I would cave in and join Match. So I did. I gotta tell ya, it's like I'm the new bachelorette.

First week was INSANE! Emails after emails after winks after viewed profiles. I had 4 dates in that week. Needless to say, I was pooped! I have to admit, I had SO much fun! Going out with different guys, different personalities, having different conversations, eating/drinking different things.... MUCH more exciting than whatever I experienced in my relationship with Greg.

I had the most incredible date with this one guy. His name was Chris, and he was an engineer. I was head over heels. He took me to The Basin in Saratoga. First of all, for a guy to take me to a restaurant that I have never been is already a plus. Sounds simple, doesn't it? I'm telling you now, it doesn't take very much to make me happy, and yes, THAT is how much I've been deprived. Anyhoo, Chris took me to The Basin where we talked, got to know each other, and made Joanne laugh. There was another couple (a tad on the middle-aged side) who sat next to us, and Chris asked me if I thought they were on another Match.com date. LOL!! After dinner, I wasn't ready to call it a night (even though I had to be at work by 7:30am the next morning). We were walking around for a bit afterwards, and he asked me how long my curfew was. I told him I would break it for the night. We ended up going to a bar down the street. He warned me that it would be kinda cheesy. After all, there was carpet in there! LOL! It was punk-rock night, and regardless, Chris and I had a great time rockin out and drinking beers. He was impressed at how well I can handle my alcohol. He said I looked so innocent, but can drink?!?! Ohhhhh, little does he know..... LOL!!!!! He kissed me (OMG~!!!!!!!), and it was one of those where-the-rest-of-the-world-melts-away kind of kisses. I had a fantastic time, can't you tell?! The next time we hung out, he seemed so tired from work, so I offered to go to his place and bring some wine over. He was soooo touched and appreciative. I met his roommates, we had a great time, and let's just say he and I had smiles on our faces the following day. We had plans to hang out the week after, and he came out to my neck of the woods that day. We went to sushi. We had a blast laughing, eating, drinking sake.... We got back into my car where he saw my pen collection. He saw my ginormous sharpie and asked me why i have that. LOL! I told him my dad put it in my car. He asked, "ok, so that you can date a boy one day and draw on him?!" Well, that wasn't a bad idea, so I did. He asked me to draw an anchor on him. So I did, along with some hearts, smiley faces, and flowers. LOL! We went back to my house to hang out, had more laughs about facebook and his new sharpie tattoo. He spends the night... don't worry, it's totally PG-13. Early the next morning, he wakes up, lays there, and gets up to leave. That was the last I heard from him... WOW.. So I wouldn't put out, and that's why you won't call me again??! Ugh! NEXT!!! I was still bummed tho. I really did like this one. Oh well, moving on.

There's a few that have captured my attention. I'll use nicknames for them because that's more fun hehe. There Entrepreneurial Personal Trainer guy (we'll call him PT), there's Metro 1/2 Chinese and 1/2 Colombian guy (let's just call him Metro), there's Guray who doesn't even deserve a nick name, and there's the family friend guy. Let me just go on a tangent here and explain the family friend guy. He once dated my roommate for a brief 2 weeks or less. While he was doing so, we found out that his aunt is my mom's friend, and I grew up with his cousins. PT guy is really busy with work and running his own business. Even his text messages are so delayed. We did have lunch one time, and it was so cute! He got me a dozen Sour Patch Kids packs because those are my favorite candy hehe. Metro guy is SO metro! OMG! he's always talking about fashion and shopping. If I'M annoyed by this, we have a problem. I normally do not have an issues talking about fashion and shopping, but when a guy is more into it than I am.... NEXT. Guray i talked to on the phone ONE time. He text messaged me another time when I couldn't respond because I had friends over. An hour later, he sends me an email that says, "i guess you're not interested. take care. bye." Okkkkk, wth!? Someone is a little crazy... NEXT! Then there's family friend. He's being very sweet to me. He's playing this game that puts himself in the "friend zone."

Then there's B. If I were the Bachelorette, B would definitely be one of the strong runners. :) We have this compatible connection that I like. It's so easy to talk to him! The first couple times we talked to each other, he didn't ask me out. I liked that because I felt like he was really trying to get to know me. The time we did go out, we were little chatterboxes! :) So cute! I even met a couple of his friends, and it came to the point were I ended up inviting him to my friend's housewarming party the following weekend. The rest of the week was ok. We talked on the phone as much as we could. It sucks that I felt little bits of disappointment during the week. For example, we wanted to see each other earlier than Saturday, so we planned for Thursday, but he couldn't get anyone to watch his daughter, so it didn't happen. Then on Friday, I got out of work around 11pm, and when I called him, he was already asleep. I know this is little stuff, but as my friend Sister Mary Rose put it, when a girl wants to see her man, she should see her man! siiiigh.... So then comes the housewarming party. We had a blast! He was a hit with my friends! They all loved him, and even their significant others felt the need to pull me aside to tell me how great of a catch B is. :) I know he his... he just has baggage (someone once told me that everyone has baggage, the key is to pick the one with a light carry-on... well...... this guy has a good, sized, 50lbs checked-in luggage). AHH! Anyway, on Saturday, he told me, "I don't want you dating other people." I was shocked! I mean, this is only the 2nd time we've hung out! Why do you want to lock me down so soon? You hardly know me?! He is probably the best in the bunch that I've dated since Greg, but I'll be honest.... I wasn't done exploring just yet. =P

Does this mean that I may have given away my final rose????


No comments:

Post a Comment